[ITS-EXEC] VA7ITS 444.725 Mt. Benson repeater unserviceable

Matthew Currie matt.currie at curtek.com
Sat Dec 26 11:03:01 PST 2009

Group,

Just a heads up that VA7ITS 444.725 MHz Mount Benson repeater is
currently unserviceable for reasons unknown at this time.

This repeater was installed mid-summer of this year.  It is a 25W
Daniels UHF repeater with a 25W PA module, NHRC controller, and Comprod
4-element antenna.

It was intended we install an ICT battery charge controller and 160Ah
deep cycle but we had to compromise with a 13.8V PSU Sulo at Cercomm
graciously lent us in a pinch.  We recently sent the required ICT
charger up with Sulo but he was unable to install it.  We suspect at
this time that this older PSU has failed.  Our repeater is on the same
120VAC system as other emergency services of whom are not reported to be
having any problems.  Sulo was at the site a week ago and nothing has
been disturbed since.  Unfortunately the next scheduled maintenance at
the site may not be for a couple of months.

Updates to come.

Cheers,
Matthew Currie  VE7MJC